Choe Son Hui sees through the American government.
Most people had forgotten about North Korea.
But Joe Biden’s people have plans there too.
All over the world, the Biden Administration policy is “maximum escalation of tensions.”
A top North Korean diplomat acknowledged on Thursday that the United States had recently tried to initiate contact, but blasted the attempts as a “cheap trick” that would never be answered until Washington dropped hostile policies.
The statement by Choe Son Hui, first vice minister of foreign affairs for North Korea, is the first formal rejection of tentative approaches by the new U.S. administration under President Joe Biden, who took office in January.
It came as U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken was visiting South Korea alongside Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, in a first overseas trip by top-level members of Biden’s administration.
The attempts at contact were made by sending e-mails and telephone messages via various routes, including by a third country, Choe said in a statement carried by state news agency KCNA.
She called the attempts at contact a “cheap trick” for gaining time and building up public opinion.
“What has been heard from the U.S. since the emergence of the new regime is only lunatic theory of ‘threat from North Korea’ and groundless rhetoric about ‘complete denuclearisation,’ Choe said.
The White House said earlier this month it had reached out to North Korea, but received no response, and did not elaborate.
Speaking in Seoul on Wednesday, Blinken accused North Korea of committing “systemic and widespread abuses” against its own people and said the United States and its allies were committed to the denuclearisation of North Korea.
Imagine being the American government and then accusing another country of abusing its people.